Monday, March 2, 2009

Update

My Mri turned out really good. I even got to keep the disc. I haven't watched it yet but I should! My doctor said everything in my brain looked really good and she wasn't worried about anything. So then I went and had the nerve compression test done. Yeah! Never doing that again! She started out by shocking my arm... which wasn't so bad. She then told me that there was a second part to the test which involved taking a needle and sticking it in my bicep, my tricep and my deltoid and listening to the muscles to make sure they were responding correctly. Those weren't so bad, they stung a little but after she was done they didn't hurt. The part that hurt the most was when she took the needle and proceeded to stick it into my thumb muscle. I thought I was going to scream. It hurt so bad and now my thumb is bruised and swollen. She said that I have a pinched nerve in my elbow that isn't bad enough to need surgery and will heal on its own within several weeks. I just have to be careful and not lean on my elbow and if I do I have to lean on a soft surface which means taking a pillow with me if i'm driving or something. She also suggested for work that I usa an elbow pad. So thankfully nothing is wrong with me and my other doctor told me to lose some weight. So this morning I got up and played the Wii fit for 30 minutes because that is all I can do. He wants me to loose around 20 pounds before I see him next in May. He thinks that losing weight will keep my blood pressure down and also to help lower my cholesterol which isn't to high but its not great. So i'm motivated to lose the weight and since I work at a gym i'm going to start. Tomorrow I will go the gym and alternate days that I go to the gym and then play the Wii fit. It is a really fun game and I do feel like i'm getting a workout. You just have to put some effort into it. So I will keep everyone updated as to how much weight I lose before my doctor appointment. Lets hope I can do this!

1 comment:

Krystel said...

You go girl! You can do it! Does the wii fit really work then? I've been curious about it, but I hear it insults you, lol. And I'm glad your appointment went well, aside from your thumb :( I hope it feels better soon.