Cameron arrived Tuesday March 5th at 8:17am and here is the story.
My last Dr appt was on Friday March 1st and when I went in I was 50% effaced but had not dialated at all. I had been that way for the last 4 weeks and wasn't making any progress. I was put on rest the last 2 weeks before he arrived. My blood pressure had started to rise and my Dr felt it would be best if I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible. I started my maternity leave early due to the stress of my job and my blood pressure issues.
That Friday the Dr decided he was going to induce me on Tuesday but wanted me to go in on Monday night to get started on some medicine that is supposed to help the cervix soften in order for them to induce me. I went in at 11:30 pm Monday night and was hooked up to the heart monitor for the baby. At about 2:00 I had noticed that I could no longer hear his heart beating and so the nurse moved the monitors around and he had moved to the other side of my belly. After about 20 minutes I noticed again that I couldn't hear his heart and so they tried to find him again and this time it was located at the top right side of my belly. The nurse did and ultrasound and my little bug decided he no longer wanted to be head down but that he wanted to be feet first! He had gone breech.
The nurse called my Dr and he decided that we would schedule a c-section for Tuesday morning. When he came in that morning we discussed trying to move Cameron into the head down position but since he was moving so much they didn't think he would stay in that postion for long. So we decided to go ahead with the c-section. I was nervous and scared but so ready to meet my little guy that I would have done anything! I remember walking into the OR with my husband at my side and sitting on the bed. I remember getting the spinal tap and immediately my right leg went numb. It took a while for it to take over the left side of my body. I had a hard time breathing (which they say is normal for the meds to make it harder to breathe) and then I remember the terrible itching that was taking over my arms. All I could focus on was that my arms were itching and there was nothing I could do about it.
All in all it was over quickly and the recovery has not been too bad. I've been up since that day, the first time getting up and moving was hard, I hurt and felt like everything was being pulled down. I felt that way for a long time after. I'm getting to the point where I don't really notice the pain anymore and haven't taken any pain medicine since I left the hospital. I had my mother here to help me for the week after he was born and my husband has been an amazing helper and takes over when he gets home from work. I've been very blessed and am so happy to be a mother. It felt at times like it was never going to happen and now that it has I wouldn't change a thing. I love watching him grow and change and am excited for all the milestones he will reach.
I'm still off work for the next few weeks and am hoping to go back part time so that I can be home and not have to find day care. Our puppy has been adjusting well and likes to investigate when Cameron is crying. He is very curious and tries to sniff and snuggle with him. He has had a hard time but is finally getting back to being his old self and we are trying to give him as much love and attention as we can.
And now the part everyone is waiting for.....the pictures!






2 comments:
He is so cute! I love the pictures! Thanks for letting me come over and see him!
He is precious! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment