Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bad Day

So Jared and I purchased a new car back on Saturday and we had to drive back up to the dealership to get some spare keys made and to turn in our spare key to the malibu. We had been putting it off because of the weather and due to our schedules decided that today was a good day to go up there. We drive up there and get everything done and ordered a part for my grandpa's car that he needed. We decide not to take the freeway home due to the traffic and decided that Bangerter highway was a better way to go. (and it was) So we are driving and I'm on the phone with my sister and she's telling me to come get some soup that she made that was amazing!!! I get off the phone and we were coming up to 9800 South and the light is green so we are traveling at 55mph. I didn't see the dog but Jared did and the dog was going the opposite way of our lane of traffic. At the last moment the dog turns around and BAM!! we hit the dog! Jared proceeds to turn off the road to go check on the dog and to call Animal control to report it. We are told to stay at the scene and wait for someone. They show up and Jared goes to meet them and the dog is still alive!!! No lie i'm amazed because of how fast we were going. So we get to leave.
I call my sister and let her know what happened and that we were on our way and she asked if the car was okay. Jared didn't notice anything wrong with it so we decided to just go to my sisters anyway. We stop at 7-11 to get my sister a drink and I notice that the license plate thing is craked and that the front bumper was a little broken (not bad) so we go inside and get my sister her drink. We get back in the car and we are on 4100 So and almost to 8400 W and we notice that there is no heat coming from the vents. Jared then notices that the c/h gage is all the way to hot!!!! So we pull over and call my sister because we were about 5 minutes from her house. So she grabs her husband and baby to come get us because i'm not driving my car if the radiator is broken and her husband is a mechanic in the military so I figure if he can look at it we will be fine.
So they get there and decide to just put some anti-freeze in and drive it to my sisters house. So we get to my sisters house and my sisters husband tells us to go and buy some more anti-freeze and put it in and we would be able to make it home. So we use my sisters van to run to auto zone and we were on our way back to her house and this truck almost hit me. So i'm thinking "great, just hit me in my sisters car and finish my already bad day!!" We get back to her house (unscathed) and decided to head home. We made it home just fine and are hoping that Jared's dad can either fix it for cheap or we will just claim it on our insurance and pay the deductible and get it fixed that way. Needless to say i'm glad that this day is over and hope that tomorrow will be better. I'm glad we have a second car as well!!!

2 comments:

Brad and Liz said...

I'm so sorry! That sucks so bad! I hope you will be able to get it fixed for cheap. I'm also glad the dog is okay! That would have been so scary!

Keara Wilson said...

it was horrible. We are claiming it on our insurance so we just have to pay the deductible and it doesn't increase our rate either.