Tuesday, January 6, 2009











This year we had an old fashioned christmas. Jared and I went to his parents house for breakfast and opened presents there with his family. They gave us money and his parents decided that this year they were going to start doing 72 hour kits. They gave each of the adults a backpack with a gift inside. It was an am/fm radio/charger/flashlight. And each month they will add more.
We then went to my grandma's house and the power was out! We spent all of Christmas in the dark. It was a blast. The boys were in the living room playing monopoly by candle light and my mom, myself and two sisters were in the kitchen playing phase ten. I don't think i've ever had as much fun as I did that night. There was no fighting and everyone just enjoyed being together. It was such a change for my family.

No comments: